- We buy whole animals and break them up into shares. Four shares (2/side) for pigs and ten shares (5/side) for cows.
- A share of pig yields roughly 30-45 lbs of meat
- A share of beef yields about 45-60 lbs of meat
- A share of chicken is one whole, roughly 4 lb chicken
- For the most part, you will get some of each type of cut. There are exceptions of course.
- We source and deal directly with local farmers and processors.
- Buying the whole animal means we purchase at the cheapest possible prices.
- We take everything we can get from the processor, like backfat, offal and bones.
- Premium proteins. That’s all we do. Period.
- We split folks into teams based on their processing preferences.
- Meet lots of like-minded people. More than 30 friends participate in each buy.
- Each pig/cow has 2 sets of custom instructions, one for each half.
- Each team of shares (on a half) decide together what and how they want their meat.
- MLB assists and informs each team along the way with questions or issues and submits the instructions to the processor.
Pickup & Delivery
- Meat is delivered to a predetermined meet-up spot.
- Everyone splits up the meat and heads home.